Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A good time in the shop is ...

Getting the chance to introduce your GIT (Galoot in Training) to the joy of pounding nails.


I know it's almost cliche, but for some reason it is a very effective hook. I think it was getting to use a real hammer instead of his little plastic one.

What he really enjoyed was when I showed him how to use the claw to take some finish nails out of the board. Once he figured out how to do that, he was taking them out and putting them back in again over and over.

This gave me a chance to build a four-foot French frame for my second prototype. this frame includes two 1x3's for the sides (poplar) and two of the cleats were ripped from 1x3's.

But the most fun was working with the GIT.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time was had. I think that is probably the best part about my shop. I can leave the door open and my 2 and 4 year olds can come and go as they please. In fact, they wait for me to get home from work and go in the shop after dinner so they can "work". Doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day. He already looks like a professional!

    ReplyDelete

Since this is my blog, for my purposes, if you comment on here, I reserve the right to delete whatever I feel like. But I'm pretty friendly.